Pyrenees, Border and Refuge
The cycle Pyrenees, Frontier and Refuge proposed a reflection from different perspectives on the frontier territories of the Catalan Pyrenees. It dealt specifically with the problem of refugees from the Spanish Civil War and the Second World War, many of whom were of Jewish origin.
The lectures took place in the context of the exhibitions “Fleeing the Holocaust. Catalonia and the Jewish refugees of the Second World War”, produced by the Museum of the History of Catalonia and the Diputació de Barcelona, with the collaboration of the Museum of the History of the Jews, and the exhibition “…And I still see their faces”, produced by the Polish Shalom Foundation and loaned by the Polish Consulate in Barcelona.
The lectures in the series were as follows:
- L’Hospici de Girona: acollida i refugi d’infants fugits de l’Holocaust (1941-1943), by Josep Calvet (see the press dossier)
- Històries amb nom: comarques de Girona, pas i refugi de jueus europeus, by Martine Berthelot (see the press dossier)
- P. L. Landsberg: del suïcidi a la vida, by Oriol Ponsatí Murlà (see the press dossier)
- Passadors i refugiats: l’experiència personal i la literatura de Jordi Pere Cerdà, by Jordi Julià (see the press dossier)
- La frontera, la ferida. Pensaments, paraules i imatges per a un espai encara per pensar, by Xavier Antich and with a reading of short texts, testimonial literature and philosophical reflection, by the actress Cristina Carrasco (see the press dossier)
Here you can find the complete programme of the conferences.